Philanthropy is often seen as society’s risk capital. That means the onus is on philanthropists, nonprofit leaders and social entrepreneurs to innovate. But philanthropic innovation is not just about creating something new. It also means applying new thinking to old problems, processes and systems.
– Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen
Moving beyond profit is all the rage. To do so, society looks to the icons: Warren Buffet the capitalist philanthropist, or Mother Teresa the nun. Doing it right is not easy, but one thing is clear. You do not need to take a vow of poverty or give away billions, to change the world.
At Versus Law Corporation, new client ideas and needs are woven with funding strategies, and compliance solutions from the beginning. Clients with established charitable mandates get solutions and grow. Bring your ideas and your challenges and we will make a difference together. The future is not for profit.
For experience and support in the following areas contact Versus Law Corporation to arrange a free initial meeting or phone call.
Incorporation and Registration
- Incorporation of provincial or federal not-for-profit organizations
- Member and director structure design
- Registration for charitable and Canadian amateur athletic association status
- Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”) audit representation
- CRA education letter representation
- CRA compliance agreement representation
- CRA notice of intention to revoke representation
- Fundraising strategies
- Grant identification and applications
- Maximizing donations
- Strategies for corporate compliance
- Charitable status compliance solutions
- British Columbia Societies Act transition
- Annual general meeting procedure
- Corporate annual filings
- Charity annual filings
- Governance best practices
- Agency agreements and legally compliant collaboration
- Dissolution and restoration
- Appeals of refusal to register to the Federal Court of Appeal
- Appeals of revocation to the Federal Court of Appeal
- Appeals of suspension to the Tax Court of Canada
- Appeals of disallowed charitable gift tax receipts to the Tax Court of Canada
- Protecting or challenging annual general meeting validity
- Protecting or challenging director eligibility and action
- Oppression remedies, derivative actions and other remedies
For experience and support in the above areas contact Versus Law Corporation to arrange a free initial meeting or phone call.